Living by myself, some years ago, I would try to spend as little time as possible in the kitchen on week days. Most dinners featured veg rice, pasta, tortilla (instead of roti/chapati) with curry or stir fried spaghetti. I do not remember how I came to this recipe but I made it quite often, altering the ingredients now & then.
This is one of the quickest & simplest recipes! And totally customisable!
Total time: 15 minutes
- Water to boil
- 1/2 tbsp Curry powder (any store brought variety works) – use more if you like!
- 1 tbsp Oil
How I make:
- Cook spaghetti per package instructions in a pot of boiling water. Drain & set aside for a minute.
- Heat a tablespoon of oil in a frying pan.
- Add salt & curry powder in the pan.
- Transfer the spaghetti in to the pan.
- Mix everything (oil+salt+curry powder+spaghetti) until well coated.
- Stir fry on high for 4 minutes approx.
- Switch off stove & serve hot.
- Drizzle some olive oil if you feel it is too dry.
- I add pepper powder or chillies just before adding spaghetti. (or)
- During stir fry, I toss a tablespoon of sweet & hot chilli sauce.
The other day TH was on a work trip, I made this for lunch. TH came home for dinner & in spite of a fresh rice-based meal on the dining table, he was overjoyed to see the leftovers of stir fried spaghetti. Then he tells me – ”It has been so long! I made it often before we moved in together”!! 🙂