I enjoy visiting Arts & Crafts fair but I don’t mind peeking at the others too. Good thing is 5 fairs are held at the same time in one place – at Messukeskus, Helsinki this April.
Lapsimessut (Child Fair), ModelExpo, OutletExpo, Kädentaito (Arts & Crafts Fair) or perhaps Eläinystäväni (My pet friends) – which one do you want to go to? I have a pair of tickets to give away, maybe you’ll win them! So, let’s look at the details.
What: 5 shows under one roof – Lapsimessut (Child Fair), ModelExpo, OutletExpo, Kädentaito (Arts & Crafts Fair) and Eläinystäväni (My pet friends)
Where: Helsinki Expo & Convention Centre (Messukeskus) in Helsinki
When: 21.4.2017 – 23.4.2017 (Opening hours & travel info)
Giveaway: 2 tickets for one winner
How to enter:
Leave a comment on this post
- Open to residents (over 18 years of age) of Finland
- Ends midnight on Tuesday, 18.4.2017
- Only entry tickets to the shows (messut) will be given. Transport & any accommodation are not our concern.
- Entry ticket entitles to one-time admission to Lapsimessut (Child Fair), ModelExpo, OutletExpo, Kädentaito (Arts & Crafts Fair) and Eläinystäväni (My pet friends).
- Each entry ticket is worth €18.
- Winner will be contacted directly. Remember to leave a functioning email.
- Winner should be willing to provide full name by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Crafty Spell reserves the right to make any changes at any time during the giveaway.
The entry tickets gives you access to all 5 shows. Note that Eläinystäväni (My pet friends) is open only on 22.4 & 23.4.
Okay, a few practical things –
- If you cannot see the comment section below this post, please click on the heading to take you to the post page. When you scroll down, you will see the comment section.
- Travelling to Helsinki for the fairs? Onnibus has a 20% off campaign just for you.
- This time, we have electronic tickets. Your ticket will be emailed to you.
All the best & have fun!
These cushion covers are so simple, quick & gratifying. After a particularly frustrating sewing session, I haven’t touched my sewing machine since September 2016. Finally, I figured that my sewing machine and I work well only with cotton fabric. These cushion covers are made with cotton fabric from Ikea.
The pattern is from Samelia’s Mum. I used this same pattern when I made my first cushion cover. A couple of years ago, I learnt some fabric printing techniques and made a few hand printed fabrics. One of them, I sewed into a cushion cover.
In case you are planning to make a cushion cover or two, I recommend you to use the pattern I linked to above. It is great for beginners as well as for more experienced sewists.
P.S. If you like these cushion covers, please pin them. Thanks!
My beautiful purple hat went for a spin (40 minutes) in a high heat dryer. I used it all winter in 2016. It was warm, cozy & I loved the color. I made it with Drops Lima – wool & alpaca mix yarn. I put it in a washing bag and tossed it along with other wool clothing. I thought it might felt, but it didn’t bother me. From the washer, TH moved it to the dryer. Although he thought it might be a bad idea, he wanted to try. And, he did. When the clothes came back, he said that he might have ruined my hat. I laughed.
Now, my beautiful hat looks fuzzy and small. It won’t fit my head anymore.
I didn’t feel sad or angry. All I could think of was – hey, I can make another one! Maybe because I have been itching to make another hat but had to tell myself I have enough already. Now I got a chance. Or, maybe because I was curious to see what happens to a wool product I made.
Nevertheless, good bye my beautiful, warm & cozy purple hat –
This year, for the first time I am planning ahead my projects! From fall 2016, I have picked out yarns, colors & patterns that mix well with other items in my wardrobe and fit into my personal style. I started a few projects too and then my hand began to hurt. So, I am taking it slow and working on my projects now & then.
By the end of 2017, I wish to knit –
- Long, loose & light sweater : Skappelgenseren by Dorthe Skappel. Photo from Maria Skappel’s blog
- Top down sweater/cardigan : IMPROV by Karen Templer. Photo from Karen Templer’s blog
By the end of 2017, I wish to crochet –
- Throw blanket : Pattern undecided yet, let’s see how it goes.
Other things I wish to do by end of 2017 –
- Sew a dress
- Make a few ear-rings
- Purge my closet
The most time taking ones will be the four big knit & crochet projects to be done in the next 11 months! Well, what do you think?
I hope your 2016 was good & you got a chance to relax and spend some quality time with your loved ones over the holidays. 2017 is almost here & I am so excited! I am hoping
it will be I can make it into a better year than 2016.
I wish each one of you unconditional love, peace of mind, health & happiness. Believe in yourself & anything is possible ♥
Have a fabulous 2017!
P.S. Finland is celebrating 100 years of independence in 2017. The celebrations are already starting today on New Year’s Eve. If you are going to ring in the new year in Helsinki city centre, remember the fireworks this time will be at Töölönlahti instead of Senaatitori (Senate Square). For a handy map & info of the events, go here.